Power Enengy Sector
2 Way Radios & Accessories
Lightweight & Compact Body
The ID-51A has a compact 58×105.4×26.4 mm body, and weighs only 255g (approx.) with battery pack and antenna. In this slim body, the ID-51A contains 5W output power, VHF/UHF dual band, D-STAR and integrated GPS receiver.
V/V, U/U, V/U Dualwatch
V/U, V/V Dualwatch example The dualwatch function monitors VHF/VHF, UHF/UHF and VHF/UHF bands simultaneously.* The audio and squelch levels can be set separately for the main and sub-bands.
* DV/DV, AM/AM, FM-N/FM-N and DV/FM-N modes dualwatch not available.
D-STAR DV Mode (Digital Voice + Data)
The D-STAR (Digital Smart Technology for Amateur Radio) DV mode is the leading amateur radio digital format.
DR (D-STAR Repeater) Mode Operation
DR Mode example The DR (D-STAR repeater) mode operation allows you to connect to D-STAR repeaters and users more effortlessly. In this mode, just two simple steps are needed.
Automatic Repeater List-up Function
Near repeater example Using the GPS position information, the automatic repeater list-up function shows the list of nearby D-STAR repeaters from the memory* and helps you quickly access the nearby D-STAR repeater.
* To use the automatic repeater list-up function, the position data of the repeater is required. The ID-51A will be shipped with D-STAR repeater memories preprogrammed, but the position data of some D-STAR repeaters may not be available.
Independent AM/FM Receiver
Broadcast radio example FM and AM broadcast stations can be listened to while using the dualwatch function. When an amateur radio band signal is received, the broadcast station is automatically muted.
Voice Memory Function
Voice recorder example The QSO recorder function records incoming and outgoing calls. The voice recorder function can record an off-line conversation. The recorded voice message can be transmitted repeatedly. (Up to 60 seconds × 1 channel)
* microSD card required.
MicroSD Card Slot
When used with a microSD card (Up to 32GB), the microSD card can store various contents including voice memory, DV auto reply message, TX voice message, QSO log, RX history log and GPS log data. Memory channels, D-STAR repeater memories and other personal settings can be saved to the microSD card and can be loaded to the ID-51A transceiver.
The SPEECH function announces the received call sign (DV Mode), operating frequency, and/or mode. (Depends on users settings.)
Integrated GPS Receiver
GPS receiver transparent image The integrated GPS receiver provides fast start-up time and accurate position. Your current position and altitude are shown on the display and offers a position reporting function in DV mode. The GPS-A mode assists in easy D-PRS operation.
Automatic Reply Function (DV Mode)
When receiving a call addressed to your call sign, the ID-51A can automatically reply your current position information*. Between ID-51A’s communication, replied position information can pop up on the caller’s display.
* Function not available on all D-STAR networks.
GPS Log Function
The GPS log function logs your position information at regular intervals (1 second–60 seconds, depending on the setting) and memorizes this in the microSD card to export to your PC. The GPS logger only mode turns on the GPS logger function with the radio in sleep mode.
* microSD card required.
IPX7 Submersible Construction
Menu-Driven User Interface
The directional keypad and quick menu button help you with quick and intuitive access to many settings and speeds up the operation. The large full dot-matrix display with easy-to-read characters increases the amount of information.
5W Output Power
Using a highly-effcient PA amplifier, the ID-51A generates 5W of RF output power from this compact body.
Long Lasting Battery Pack
The supplied BP-271 provides up to 4.5 hours* of operating time, and the optional large capacity battery pack, BP-272 provides up to 7.5 hours*.
* Typical operation with 1:1:8 duty cycle in DV mode. (Power save ON.)
Direct Rapid Charging
Recharge the ID-51A by plugging the supplied wall charger directly in the radio. The BP-271 can be charged in 3 hours (approx.) when the power is OFF.
CS-51 Cloning Software Supplied
The CS-51 cloning software is supplied with the ID-51A for editing various memory settings from a PC. (Supplied with the application CD)
• Total 1,304 memory channels including 700 D-STAR repeater memories
• Analog FM mode with CTCSS/DTCS code squelch
• Automatic repeater function* automatically turns on/off duplex operation and tone encoder
• 16 DTMF memory channels (24 digits)
• Auto power save
• Auto power off
• Clock function
• Priority watch
• Key lock function
• CI-V level converter for remote radio control
• Squelch release function to monitor a weak signal
• External DC power jack
• Earphone code antenna for FM broadcast
• LCD and keypad backlighting
• Weather channels and VHF air band and other utility communication can be listened to*
* Weather channels are available for USA version only. See specifications page for receiver range details.