Power Enengy Sector
2 Way Radios & Accessories
Lightweight & Compact Body
The ID-31E has a compact 58×95×25.4 mm body, and weighs only 225g (approx.) with battery pack and antenna. It’s easy for carrying around all the time anywhere.
IPX7 Waterproof Construction
The ID-31E provides superior waterproof protection equivalent to IPX7 (1m depth of water for 30 minutes).Ideal for use in harsh outdoor environments.
Built-in GPS Receiver
The built-in GPS receiver shows your current position and altitude on the display and offers a position reporting function in DV mode. The GPS log function logs your position information at regular intervals (1 second–60 seconds, depending on the setting) and memorizes this in the microSD card to export to your PC. In addition, the GPS-A mode assists in easy D-PRS mode operation.
RX (Received station) position information example
D-STAR DV (Digital Voice) Mode
The D-STAR (Digital Smart Technology for Amateur Radio) DV mode has lots of advantages over the analog FM mode: digitally modulated clear voice, 950 bps (approx.) data individual calling using a call sign and access to the world wide repeater network linked with the Internet.
Automatic Repeater List-up Function
The ID-31E will be shipped with D-STAR repeater memories pre-programmed*. Using the GPS position information, the automatic repeater list-up function shows the list of nearby D-STAR repeaters from the memory.
* To use the automatic repeater list-up function, the position data of the repeater is required. The position data of some D-STAR repeaters may not be available.
Near Repeater Function Repeater Detail
MicroSD Card Slot
When used with a microSD card (up to 32GB), various contents including voice memories, GPS log, memory channels, D-STAR repeater memories and other personal settings can be stored on the microSD card and can be transferred to a PC. The voice memory function records incoming and outgoing calls in “WAV” format and allows you to play them on the radio or on a PC.
Full Dot-matrix Display & Directional Keypad
The directional keypad and quick menu button help you with quick and intuitive access to many settings and speeds up the operation. The large full dot-matrix display with easy-to-read characters offers better visibility. The LCD and keypad backlighting is handy for night time operation.
5W Output Power
Using a highly-efficient PA amplifier, the ID-31E generates 5W of RF output power from this compact body. The supplied BP-271 provides up to 4.5 hours* of operating time, and the optional large capacity battery pack, BP-272 provides up to 7.5 hours* of operating time.
* Typical operation with 1:1:8 duty cycle in DV mode. (Power save ON, GPS OFF)
External DC Power Jack
An external DC power jack allows for operation with an external DC power supply (10–16V DC*). When used with the CP-19R, CP-12L or OPC-254L/LR, simultaneous operation during charging is possible.
* When more than 14V volts is applied, the output power is reduced to Mid level (2.5W)
CS-31 Cloning Software Supplied
The CS-31 cloning software* is supplied with the ID-31E (supplied with the application CD). Used with this software, various settings including the memory channels, D-STAR repeater memories and other settings can be made from a PC. The latest version of the CS-31 will be available from the Icom web site.
* Either optional OPC-2218LU USB cloning cable or a microSD card is required for transferring the data.
Total 1,252 Memory Channels
The ID-31E has a total 1,252 memory channels, including 500 regular channels, 700 D-STAR repeater (DR) memories, 50 scan edges and 2 call channels with 26 memory banks. All memory channels, program scan edges and memory banks can be named with 16-character channel comments.
Multiple Scan Functions
The ID-31E supports various scan types for maximum reception and ease of use.
• Full scan • Programmed scan • Duplex scan • Memory scan • Mode memory scan
• All bank scan • Selected bank scan • Tone scan • Bank link scan (DMS)
• Program scan link • Skip scan
• Analog FM mode (Wide/Narrow)
• Built-in CTCSS/DTCS encoder and decoder (for analog FM)
• 16 DTMF memory channels (24 digits)
• Squelch release function to monitor a weak signal
• Optional CT-17, CI-V level converter for remote radio control
• Auto power save
• Auto power off
• Clock function
• Priority watch
• Key lock function
Other Digital Features
• Automatic speech function announces the received call sign
• Digital code squelch
• Digital call sign squelch
• One touch reply function
• DR (D-STAR Repeater) mode
• Automatic reply function